Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bad mom

Well, last night was rough. I had been to the dentist earlier in the day and got drilled on. Needless to say, I was in pain. Go figure that it was also Glen's first night back to work after a long vacation, so it was just me and Carson. Things were going well. He ate dinner, we took care of Brooklyn and I let him watch some cartoons after Wheel was over. Then came the trouble. I asked him to go get me a diaper and then he could watch more cartoons. He refused, of course, and got no cartoons. That made him mad, which in turn made me mad. Why wouldn't he just get me the stupid diaper. I wasn't asking that much of him. We ended up taking Brooklyn potty one last time and I changed his diaper and put him in clean pj's. He didn't cooperate there either and I ended up smacking his hand, for which I felt horrible afterwards. He forgot about it when we went to bed, but I still felt horrible about it. I'm not one to smack his hand, but frustration and pain got the better of me. He was totally fine, but mommy guilt got me! I know I'm not the only mom this has happened to, but it rarely happens. I think I've only smacked his little hand one other time. I think we're going to have to start introducing time outs. It's the only solution for these terrible two's that we seem to be encountering more and more these days. Guess we'll wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment