Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Nights

Ok, so it's 6:30 on a Friday night and what am i doing? I'm in my pj's with my kiddo and we're watching Wheel of Fortune. Yup, that's me...life of the party. Carson and I are quite content to be doing absolutely nothing and watching Pat and Vanna or Pa and Nanna as Carson calls them. This is actually our nightly ritual. We are fed, bathed and in pj's no later than 6:30. With Glen working nights we don't go out a lot. There's the occasional dinner out with the in-laws. But that doesn't happen too often either.

Today I had the day off work. I had several things I was going to get done today because I actually have lots of plans this weekend. Much to my surprise I actually got almost everything done that I was hoping to, with the exception of making cookies for my mom's birthday. I bought eggs at the grocery store, only to get home and realize I didn't have them in my bag. I really wasn't too upset since I figured I can make the cookies tomorrow morning before my girl's day out.

Back to Friday nights...normally we have a line up of tv shows that we watch after Wheel, but with March Madness taking place those shows don't exist for a few weeks. So tonight, I'm sure I will give into my son's cries for Mickey Mouse and since my computer is fixed I will pop in a DVD of the OC. What time will we be in bed? Yup, that's right...9:00 at the latest. I have lost my ability to stay up later than 9 for the most part. There are the few Saturday nights when we'll have friends over playing cards until 10 or 11. Carson even stays up until they leave. You can bet your booty we're tired the next day. Just because we stay up late doesn't mean we sleep in. Heck no. We're up at the same freakin time every morning. Ah well...such is the life of a parent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment